(1) All orders are accepted subject to the following Terms & Conditions, which shall form part of and govern the contract of hire. Prospective hirers are therefore required to make themselves familiar with it. In these terms and conditions, the word “Owner” shall be deemed to refer to Havercroft Hire Ltd. The “Hirer” means the person or company taking the equipment on hire. “Price List” means the list of charges published by the owner, from time to time. The hire contract shall be applicable from the time the Owner accepts the order from the Hirer.
(2) Prices specified on the Price List are for one day’s hire only. Prices for periods of more than one day’s hire are as follows: 2 or 3 days - as one and a half times one day’s hire. 4 or 5 days - as twice one day’s hire.
(3) The hiring shall be deemed to continue until the Owner receives all the equipment, or it is reported to the Owner as lost/broken/stolen.
(4) Hire rates include fair wear and tear only. When equipment is returned in a condition other than when received by the Hirer, a charge for cleaning, reconditioning, renewing or replacing will be made where considered necessary by the Owner. All food scrapings (bulk of the food) must be removed from the equipment before return. The price of cleaning ‘light equipment’ is included within the hire price.
(5) No responsibility can be accepted by the Owner for injury caused by use of hired equipment.
(6) Substitutes for lost or broken equipment cannot be accepted. Equipment returned which is not the property of the Owner will be retained for a period of one calendar month. After this time the Owner reserves the right to dispose of such equipment.
(7). The Hirer shall pay in respect of all equipment not returned or returned broken/cracked, etc., the Replacement Charge (the Owners cost price). Hire charges will not be taken into account in calculating the monies due under this clause. The Owner’s checking of equipment shall always be deemed to be final. The Owner will happily count the product alongside the Hirer before leaving the site should you request this.
(8) The Hirer is wholly responsible for all equipment from time of delivery/collection until uplifted/returned, and liable for damage during transit (if collecting equipment from the Hirer), or due to fire, theft, burglary, breakages or other losses, and should ensure safekeeping of equipment awaiting uplift/return. The Hirer should in their own interest insure, or meet the premiums for insurance of the equipment whilst out on hire.
(9) The Hirer, before use, should check all equipment, and any deficiencies should be reported immediately to the Owner via phone or email. Deficiencies reported after use shall not be credited.
(10) The Hirer agrees to repack all equipment into their appropriate containers and to make such equipment available for collection at the same location to which they were originally delivered (unless the Owner has been informed otherwise). Failure to comply with this clause may result in additional charges being made by the Owner. A charge will be made for any packing containers not returned or returned damp, dirty or damaged.
(11) Claims for refunds after completion of hire, on the grounds that some of the equipment was not used, cannot be considered.
(12) The Owner requires a minimum of 5 working days notice of hire, or to change to confirmed booking. Orders and changes may be accepted later than this, however, the owner reserves the right to levy a 25% late order surcharge.
(13) The Owner will take every precaution to ensure that the equipment is clean, polished, and in good condition upon delivery.
(14) Should the Hirer wish to cancel in whole or in part an order, after the Owner has accepted it, notifications must be made to the Owner at least 5 working days before dispatch. Charges for cancellation less than 5 days prior to delivery are as follows: 3 or 4 days prior to dispatch 50%; 2 days prior to dispatch 75%; 1 day prior to dispatch 90%, on the day of dispatch 100%.
(15) All delivery orders are subject to transport charges, prices on application. All deliveries will be made to the nearest point of discharge at Hirer’s premises (unless arranged otherwise upon order). If deliveries are required to be made within the Hirer’s or Third Party’s premises the Owner will accept no responsibility and will not be liable for any damage or loss resulting to Hirer’s or Third Party’s property.
(16) Delivery/uplift timings will be arranged between the Owner and the Hirer at point of order. If no delivery time is arranged, then delivery/uplift will be made between 9am and 5pm of the agreed dates.
(17) The execution of any order is subject to variation or cancellation from any cause beyond the Owner’s control, e.g. fires, strikes, lockdown, weather, etc.
(18) All invoices charged to account holders must be settled net 30 days. Accounts not paid within this period will be considered as overdue. Overdue accounts shall be subject to interest charges at Bank of England Base Rate, plus a 4% admin charge. All other accounts are to be paid 5 workings days prior to delivery, or on the day of collection by cash.
(19) These terms and conditions are effective from 1/05/20.
Havercroft Hire, Burnham-on-Sea, Somerset
Copyright © 2021 Havercroft Hire - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy Website Builder